House Teams

On arrival at school all children are put into one of our four House teams.  These teams are identified by colour and named in line with the School's Charism and Special Catholic Character.

 

Redwood House – Red/Whero

Named after Bishop Francis Redwood, Archbishop of Wellington who blessed and opened the new school on this site in 1929.

 

MacKillop House – Blue/Kaihurangi

Named after Saint Mary MacKillop – the first Australasian Saint.

 

Williams House – Green/Kakariki

Named after Cardinal Tom Williams, Archishop of Wellington, who opened our new School Library (1994) and is an ex-pupil of our school.

 

Mission House – Yellow/Kowhai

Named after the founders of our School (1909), the Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions (RNDM).

 

These House Teams are used in school wide competitions and often in special celebrations and events.